A Taste of Vancouver.

A Taste of Vancouver

Three Best Places to Try 

By Keylowha 2/26/2017




Vancouver is a big melting pot of many cultures, lots of people from lots of places come to together and make some pretty amazing  foods. Things that can only be described as some of the most interesting, most mixed up, most beautifully tasting  food I have had in a long time. It’s different and some how  its better. What I'm talking about is fusion food, when you take one cultures cuisine and mix it with a different cultures cuisine. In the case mixing Canadian style with another style. In Canada the food tastes fresher, the egg yolks are yellower, and when you put the best of multiple worlds together you just get heaven in every bite. So for my travels to Canada has left me eating more and more food every time I visit. It is hard to say what the best food I have ever had in Canada is or even what my top picks are, everything is delicious. I can tell you my top picks for this trip I am on right now. Right now I am in Vancouver mostly around Burnaby (this also happens to be close to the Seattle border.)

Tacomio





 The one on 435 Abbot st.  takes Mexican-Canadian tacos to the next level. It is honestly so hard to find a good taco outside of Mexico or certain parts of California but Tacomio has truly taken taco making to the next level. Tacos in Mexico and California normally come so traditional that mostly they are plan with salted meat, onion, cilantro, and maybe salsa if you want it, and while these sometimes marinated tacos are the reason I will leave LAX with less that a three hour layover to run to the nearest taco shop Tacomio has given tacos a modern twist. A twist that most of us can agree we have tried to do at home, maybe for some of us even tried and failed. Imagine tacos drenched in amazing spices and sauce covered with more sauce and stop with fresh cilantro, peppers, pickled veggies, and there’s honestly so much flavor packed in each taco that every bite leads to a new flavor discovery. My top tacos this time around are what a recommend you should get the first time you go to Tacomio. Chicken Tinga and Chicken mole, Pork Carnitas, and Pork Puerco Borracho, and to drink Aguamia.

Japadogs







Japadogs, if you don’t know this place you should. It is one of the most famous hot dog stands in the world. After trying them for myself I understand why. Japadogs takes hot dogs and makes them Asian style. Now you might think a hotdog with noodles on it would taste nasty but you would be wrong my friend, it's actually their number one dog and it brings people from all over the world both famous and none famous to try these dogs. They have the dogs that one could only describe as art. My top picks are the Kurabota Terimayo, Veggie Terimayo (with wasabi mayo), and the fish hot dog (because when are you going to get another chance to try a fish dog.) The veggie dog also doesn't taste like a veggie dog so its a good one to try if you have never had one.

Vij’s


For Valentine’s Day Shridi and I went to Vij's it's a new take on India fine dining. Now don’t think you’re going to go in and see waiters in suits and fancy Indian tea cups. No that ain’t happenin', you will see mostly flannel shirts on waiters and ceramic tea cups that look like crushed mini red cups. Yes, the place is cute and truly brings out the laid back Canadian style we love to embrace every time we go to Canadian. The food is fancy, very well prepared, and on the expensive side. That being said you won’t have to go home hungry after eating there. They give food that fills you, like the lamb lollipops, they are is so soft and melts in your mouth and it’s not like you only get a spoonful you get more than maybe you might be able to eat on your own. I also suggest sharing everything thing with your friend, because everything is so good you should try more than one dish. Order a lot of food and just have fun. My suggestions Samosas, Lamb Popsicles, and Goat Meat with Spicy Vegetables.

What are you in the mood for Mexcian Candian, Japanese Candian, or even India Candian? Whatever you craving I hope this at least made the search a little easier.    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. Josaphat Basilica’s Spectacular History. Milwaukee's Most Wonderful Mystery.

Contre Jour Game Review

The Start of my AmeriCadian Journey.